Fundamentals of Sport Marketing has become the standard by which other textbooks in the field are measured, and the third edition of this text once again raises that standard. The numerous updates and new material added throughout the book are based on the most up-to-date research and developments that have taken place in sport marketing, sport management, and the sport industry. As a result, Fundamentals of Sport Marketing, Fourth Edition, is the most current, contemporary, and indispensable book on sport marketing that is available.
To supplement the rich information in the textbook, case studies written about current topics relevant to each chapter have been added to this edition of Fundamentals of Sport Marketing. In addition, the appendices contain directories of sport businesses, associations, trade publications, and academic journals; abstracts from recent research in sport marketing; and several examples of sport marketing research instruments. The authors, Dr. Brenda G. Pitts and Dr. David K. Stotlar, have unparalleled experience consulting and working in the industry and are both well known and respected across the globe. They have authored three workbooks, all published by Fitness Information
Technology, that serve as excellent companions to these texts: Case Studies in
Sport Marketing, Developing Successful Sport Marketing Plans, and Developing
Successful Sport Sponsorship Plans.
- Chapter 1 The Sport Business Industry
- Chapter 2 The Global Market for the Sport Industry
- Chapter 3 Sport Marketing Theory
- Chapter 4 Sport Marketing Research
- Chapter 5 Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning in Sport Business
- Chapter 6 Marketing Information Systems
- Chapter 7 The Marketing Mix and the Sporting Industry
- Chapter 8 The Product in the Sport Industry
- Chapter 9 Pricing Strategies for the Sport Industry
- Chapter 10 Marketing Channels and Distribution Decisions in the Sport Business Industry
- Chapter 11 Promotion in the Sport Industry
- Chapter 12 Media Relations in Sport
- Chapter 13 Marketing Through Endorsements and Sponsorships
- Chapter 14 Using Licensing and Logos in the Sport Industry References
Supplemental Teaching Tools: Click here for Teaching Tools Requests
Exam Copy: Click here to request an exam copy for this book.
Exam Copy of eBook: Click here to request an exam copy for this book.
View other books from FiT by clicking here.